Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Stress, Running, and Photo Book Making

The last 2 weeks or so have been filled with stress, and I do not care for it one bit. Most things these past two week were not even bad stress,  but oh dear. Not for me. I am a woman that is never more excited then when shopping on line and whose favorite movies are the ones with cartoon characters in them… because you don’t have to stress about the ending.  There was a time 5 or 10 years ago, where the stress of new decisions and new things thrilled me. I loved the excitement. Excitement is not for a mother of 3. I can’t keep up with the details and it just shuts me down. The only excitement I like these days, comes from the 3 little humans that occupy my domain. They provide quite enough excitement… and noise!

Normally, my way to deal with stress is to cuss at anything that will take it and drink heavily. It works well. Sadly, I have taken this new running (glorified walking with a bounce in my step) thing up. Not sure how I would classify this new “adventure.” A hobby is associated with enjoyment. A sport is associated with talent. Neither are involved in this. So we will keep it in the “exercise of horror” category.

A few weeks back, before the fun of the last 10 days or so, Rusty and I went out to our favorite neighborhood Mexican restaurant. After a particularly enjoyable night, I awoke to my early morning “run” (which took place promptly at 11:30) with a new and somewhat daunting obstacle. For some unknown reason the world would just not stop the crazy spinning action. Most disturbing, it was. Knowing, if I didn’t force myself into my pretty pink running shoes and out the door, I would likely never do it again…. I ran.

About 5 min. in, Tequila began to pour out of every pore on my body. I never realized a human body had so many! I think it is more then safe to say that Jose Cuervo would have claimed me as his own from 20 feet away.

About 10 min. in, the world was still spinning, and a very unsettling feeling started happening inside my stomach and my head.

At 15 min. both stomach content and brain cells were lost. Both were very much wanted and needed, I might add! (Especially the brain cells! I have very few to spare!!)

Anyway after that, um... life changing experience, I decided,  that still knowing that missing one single run will likely be the end of marathon (cough, cough, gag, choke) dreams… and also very sure I do not wish to relive my run as an actual human distillery… that this time of stress would have to be handled in a more productive way...

So, I decided to make Disney Photo Books for autographs for our trip to Disney. I thought it would be waaaaay more fun then a blank book to get signed by the characters for the kids. It would also be something different that everyone else at the park wouldn’t have. I figured I could lose myself in doing it for at least a few hours. Ha ha ha. Sadly, what I forgot to factor in is that I am anal and compulsive and a touch ADD. I have now uploaded, cropped and fixed 2600 pictures and have spent close to 200 hours trying to work on the 1st of 3 books. The sanity is gone. I am sure I have killed off more brain cells then the tequila ever could have. While I definitely do smell better and I haven’t thrown up yet, I have cried, screamed, shook the computer, and I am sure my family can attest to the fact that the cussing hasn’t gotten better. Poor Penelope was standing in front of me when my custom page full of pictures got its’ left margin out of whack and I hit “undo” thinking that would fix it. Probably should have saved each of the beginning pages first. 20 hours spent on the first 10 pages… GONE. I actually cried. I cussed. I think I scared poor Penelope. She looked at me like she had just seen the devil himself. Honestly, of the 2 experiences… Running while fermenting and working on this book thing, I can not tell you which one is worse. I still have 20 pages to go on book 1!!

So not cool. So now I am not stressed about life. I am stressed about a picture book. I am less dehydrated but I have blisters, yes… actual bliseters. Who knew moving pictures around a page could be painful?? Lol.

Anyway... this is my book, so far:  (I did not take any of the pictures in it that don't have my babies in them... I found them all on line and some of them are really good!  Just not mine)


1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Running hungover @ 11:30 in this heat?!?! I would have vomited too!!

    You also just reminded me why I don't scrapbook... Thanks for that!

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete